In the scene, George Clooney is completely alpha and exhibits a dominating and seductive vibe to win Jennifer Lopez.
Watch it from the start, then play it again. Then again. Pick up everything he does right in seducing her.
Note the following:
- What they’re saying is completely irrelevant to what they’re actually communicating for the first 1:30
- How he holds eye contact and looks at her throughout
- How deep his voice is and how comfortable he is with silence. He never has any nervous ticks, umms or ahhs
- The compliments he gives her in a totally alpha manner at 1:13 and the smile that elicits
- How fascinating and deep he transitions the conversation to at 1:35, taking her on a stimulating mental and emotional journey
- How the music and everything else fades out from 1:46 and it becomes just the two of them
That’s how you know when you’re truly connecting with a woman- when you’re in a crowded room and it feels like you are the only two people that exist in the universe. All the background noise and external distractions and thoughts fade out. Nothing else would have been on her mind other than the intensity of the experience they were having
- The tension and chemistry between them is so thick it could be cut with a knife
- How he is seductive, not at all sleazy
- How sparks almost fly when he first touches her at 2:30. Imagine if they’d sat there all night and he’d never tried to touch her across the table! Do you think the scene would have ended back in her room? No way. She would have friend-zoned his ass.
- How she pulls her hand away or walks away at several stages, yet it doesn’t bother him in the slightest. He realises it’s not a rejection of him and keeps moving forward confidently
- The gradual, smooth physical escalation, see 2:40-3:45
- The unflinching, unapologetic eye contact Clooney makes between 3:15 and 3:20
- Note the simultaneous silence, and how nothing needs to be said. Speaking at this stage would only have killed the anticipation leading to the kiss
- How long the kiss takes to build, see 3:35-4:05. How taking it so deliberately and slowly makes it incredibly powerful
- She complains at 4:20 that he took something from her and he’s completely unapologetic
Anything anyone else wants to add?